In-depth analysis and commentary on today’s biggest news stories as only the BBC can deliver. BBC “Newshour” covers everything from the growth of democracy to the threat of terrorism with a fresh, clear perspective from across the globe.
Assist visitors in locating the Wall of Name they are looking for. It is a non-profit organization with many other tasks than what the public sees. I am grateful to them from the bottom. My husband, who looks down at the cemetery, is proud that he did his part. He also thanks all of us, Bill, Scooter and Jeff, Jeff, Victoria and Cindy.
The replica is constructed of Avonite, a synthetic granite, and its 144 individual panels are supported by an aluminum frame. Modern LED lighting at the top of The Wall allows for nighttime visibility of The Wall.
Director Joe Sullivan is honored to serve local veterans in this way. This information should not be construed as a substitute or supplement to the advice of a qualified Veteran Service Officer who is licensed to practice in your area. Surveys and posts made on this website represent the opinions and suggestions of the users and not U.S.
For the first time, the Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall has come to Connecticut, setting up just yards from where traffic rolls along South Main Street in Cheshire. The wall is a 3/5th replica of the original Vietnam Memorial in Washington, D.C. The names of more than 58,000 people who have died or are still missing are inscribed on the black granite wall. After nearly two decades of dispute, Wilmington and New Castle County have finally come to a deal on the county’s use of the city’s wastewater treatment plant. The truck was carrying a three-quarter sized replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C.
- The story is told through the lens of six North Carolina service members who died in the conflict; the thoughts of Joe Marm, a Medal of Honor, recipient; and survivors who still deal with the effects of the war.
- The organization keeps up-to-date information on its website at and on their Facebook page.
- The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall in Washington, D.C., is the most well-known of the memorials.
- I have a Special Forces plate on the front and a retired Army license plate on the the rear.
- BBC “Newshour” covers everything from the growth of democracy to the threat of terrorism with a fresh, clear perspective from across the globe.
Brill states that The Moving Wall is a central point in the message he wishes to leave behind. He hopes bringing this physical piece of history will help educate the younger generation on how important it is to honor our vets. The persistence of Nora Hutchinson, a William Penn math teacher, was the reason that the traveling in Delaware. Bill Jackson, a Newark resident who was an Air Force veteran and served in Vietnam, was waiting at school’s entrance to capture the arrival of the memorial.